Designation: Team Lead - Urban Design
Experience: 8+ Years
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and years of experience
Jana Urban Space Foundation demands the highest technical competence and passion for change, from anybody who wants to join us.
- You are a motivated, self- starter; with a desire to improve our cities
- You are not daunted be challenging assignments, have a good eye for detail, and are competent in all drawing related software
- You set the tasks, mentor and oversee a team of 6 – 10 people
- You have excellent communications skills - develop and maintain relationships and correspondence with government officials, vendors, contractors and clients
- You set efficient deadlines for you and your team and achieve them
- You are a team player - highly energetic, willing to extend yourself, help others, with a positive attitude and drive to make a difference in all that you do – you are capable of maintaining interpersonal relationships within the team, sorting out conflicts and maintaining decorum and policy
- You set goals for your studio and work towards the larger vision
- You contribute considerably to the growth of the organisation
Qualification and Experience:
- Master Degree in Urban Design
- Professional work experience of 6-8 years in the field of urban design
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, sketch – up and or other 3D software's
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an aptitude for research
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage a team of 6 – 10 people to execute urban design, master plans, and revitalization projects of varying sizes and complexities
- Create and review construction plans, developing proposals, reports, drawings and visuals
- Create and review documents such as BOQs, budgets and schedules and define the scope of work of the project to push forward towards execution
- Participate in public presentations, and competitive interviews for projects, be able to bring in new projects if required.
- Provide mentorship to emerging young professionals; to provide continuous professional development to oneself and one's team
- Active participation in design discussions with clear articulation of ideas.
- Writing reports, efficient documentation and organization of data
- Learning the nuances of Interacting with government and other related agencies
- Ability to travel for Site visits and analysis
One of the projects you will work on
Jana USP created tender SURE, a set of street design and procurement guidelines to fix our urban roads. The government of Karnataka allocated 200 crores in its 2012 budget to redevelop 45 roads in Bangalore based on these guidelines. Of these Jana USP is redesigning 7 roads in the city centre, of which 2 are completed and 5 are under construction. We are ready to start with new roads from concept to execution and are looking to start a team who can take this project and scale it across India. This role involves the challenge of identifying Tender SURE roads that maximise benefit to mobility in any given area, and then designing it from concept, to tender and through execution. It involves facilitation and coordination with various government agencies, the contractor and technical expertise. It involves project management, site supervision and an efficient drawing schedule for timely delivery of drawings and patience and perseverance to overcome revisions due to various onsite conditions.
The organization works towards urban practice and urban policy that responds to India's unique challenges and real change on the ground and in policy reform. For more information visit http://www.janausp.org
Jana Urban Space Foundation [JanaUSP] was established in 2007. It is a non-partisan, not-for-profit Trust working on the core premise that urban planning and urban design are central to shaping vibrant cities and city regions, enhancing the quality of life for all. It is a sister-organization of Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy
The organisation provides employees with more than career growth – it provides PURPOSE. Our staff has diverse backgrounds and competencies. What is common is, the passion to create world class cities and towns, and the belief that it can be done right here in India. Our team members are not only great at what they do, but sincere and dedicated to the cause of our cities.
If you believe you have what it takes to be part of a demanding, LEARNING-DOING organisation, to meaningfully contribute to transforming urban India, have the skills and competence to innovate and deliver, want to be inspired and to inspire, then apply with us.
Location: Bangalore. To apply please write in to firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com or Call us on +91-80-46680100