Designation: Senior Associate - Urban Design
Experience: 5 - 7 Years
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and years of experience
Jana Urban Space Foundation demands the highest technical competence and passion for change, from anybody who wants to join us.
- You are an architect / urban designer passionate about changing and shaping the cities we live in.
- You are capable of working across scales from masterplans to the detail design of small elements.
- You are sensitive to context and local conditions.
- You are technically competent, hard-working, reliable - meeting tough deadlines, not daunted by challenges, are innovative in your solutions, and a team-player.
Qualification and Experience:
- Master Degree in Urban Design and a Bachelor Degree in Architecture with a keen interest in urban design
- Professional work experience of 5 -7 years in the field of urban design and architecture
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, sketch – up and or other 3d softwares
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an aptitude for research
- Managerial aptitude and the ability to mentor 2 -4 junior architects/ intenrs
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
- Being responsible for one or more projects completely, preparing the project road map, deliverables and timelines
- Creating a project plan, managing and delivering on deadlines for yourself and one to four junior architects / interns
- Preparing conceptual and schematic design drawings
- Active participation in design discussions with clear articulation of ideas.
- Preparing working drawings
- Preparing presentation drawings
- Working on photo montages, and 3d / sketch up images
- Writing reports, efficient documentation and organization of data
- Interacting with government and other related agencies
- Ability to travel for Site visits and analysis
- To shoulder studio level and organisational responsibilities apart from regular - such are taking care of the library, organising Friday's @ JanaUSP, organising the files and folders etc
Projects You will work on
Jana USP created tender SURE, a set of street design and procurement guidelines to fix our urban roads. The government of Karnataka allocated 200 crores in its 2012 budget to redevelop 45 roads in Bangalore based on these guidelines. Of these Jana USP is redesigning 7 roads in the city centre, of which 2 are completed and 5 are under construction.
We are ready to start with new roads from concept to execution across the country and are looking for eager enthusiastic architects/urban designers with an eye for detail.
We have just completed the DPRs for two projects in Sawai Madhopur Rajasthan and are looking to start the detailed design of the project which will involve research ,design and the preparation of working drawings for;
- Tourism Infrastructure growth with environmental responsiveness (T.I.G.E.R) – This a 8KIM long tourism trail connecting the Sawai Madhopur to Ranthambore National Park, along with other proposed development to improve tourism and the local economy. /li>
- Water Infrastructure and Landscape Development (W.I.L.D) - this project deals with the conservation, preservations and rejuvenation of the 12.5KM long Lutiya Nallah which flows through Sawai Madhopur/li>
The organization works towards urban practice and urban policy that responds to India's unique challenges and real change on the ground and in policy reform. For more information visit http://www.janausp.org
Jana Urban Space Foundation [JanaUSP] was established in 2007. It is a non-partisan, not-for-profit Trust working on the core premise that urban planning and urban design are central to shaping vibrant cities and city regions, enhancing the quality of life for all. It is a sister-organization of Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy
The organisation provides employees with more than career growth – it provides PURPOSE. Our staff has diverse backgrounds and competencies. What is common is, the passion to create world class cities and towns, and the belief that it can be done right here in India. Our team members are not only great at what they do, but sincere and dedicated to the cause of our cities.
If you believe you have what it takes to be part of a demanding, LEARNING-DOING organisation, to meaningfully contribute to transforming urban India, have the skills and competence to innovate and deliver, want to be inspired and to inspire, then apply with us.
Location: Bangalore. To apply please write in to email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org or Call us on +91-80-46680100